Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's coming, next Tuesday, on Prime TV

I have watched snippets of Rev on YouTube and thought it brilliant comedy. But would it come to secular NZ? Probably not. No, wait, it is coming. I saw it advertised on Prime TV last night, for a start Tuesday 17 April. So hurry home from your Tuesday night meetings and sit down to laugh out loud at the foibles of Anglicanism and its splendid clergy :)

With apologies to all archdeacons who count themselves as my friends, and to all archdeacons who do not feel friendly towards me, here is a clip I have particularly enjoyed ...



... mind you I have never personally met such an archdiaconal figure as the one portrayed here!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prepare to be depressed, then. 'Rev' is a bleak, God-abandoned world about a hopeless vicar in a dead church. The clergy are far from 'splendid'. The Ugley Vicar (check archive) has a very apposite take on this requiem for the C of E.
Martin

Father Ron Smith said...

I still think Mr Catolick's videos offer more pertinent and better humour. It is probably all 'a matter of taste'.

Simon said...

I beg to differ, give it a try, you'll laugh and weep: I served for 9 years on low decile housing estates in west London, and Adam Smallbone's joys and trials were uncannily similar to plenty of those I experienced. My time in that parish was one of the most fulfilling and joyful periods of my life. Our 'Colin' was buried a few months after I left - he never came on an Alpha course and was frequently drunk in church, but he died, knowing how deeply he was loved by Christ.

Lynda said...

Thank you, Peter, for giving the Archdeacons of your acquaintance such an unctious model to aspire to.

Anonymous said...

Is this a documentary or a reality show?

Peter Carrell said...

Lynda: impressive car, smartphone, and Stalinesque portrayal of corruptive power ... as well as unctious :)

Joshua: it might depend on which side of the Tasman we are watching it from :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
Richard Garner owns the set on video and thinks its very clever.
What time is it? I can't see it in the programme guide anywhere.
Kind regards, jenny

Peter Carrell said...

Hi Jenny
The way it was advertised it could be on at 9.30 pm or at 10 pm as two new programmes were advertised to replace those which have been in that slot.